Before hitting the "send" button, make sure your pitch can answer the questions below.
1) Do you have an exciting hook? Is it in the first sentence?
2) Have you mentioned why your idea is timely?
3) Did you show some familiarity with the blog or magazine you're pitching, like naming the section you want to be a part of?
4) Have you offered the editor an extra incentive, like an exclusive image, if they choose to write about you?
5) Did you double-check the spelling of the editor's name?
6) Did you include your website and contact number?
7) Did you mention that you have high-resolution images available?