Thursday, April 5, 2012

Practicing What I Teach

Do you remember taking classes where you thought the professor's curriculum was stuck in the year they moved from the industry into academia? The same could be said for the mountains of marketing and social media advice out there.
 In 2010 I co-founded Paper-Cut-Project with Nikki Nye and we rely on press to help our paper sculptures reach the niche audience globally who may be looking for, um, paper wigs and accessories. I use the same advice I give readers in Recipe for Press to try and seduce editors to share our story. When I ask our clients, which include Cartier, Hermes, Kate Spade and Christies, how they found us, they invariably report they saw it in print or on a blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...