Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Intern Interjection: Should I set up a queue for my Twitter?


Reporting by Recipe for Press PR intern, Dana Balch, 20,
public relations major
As a blogger, the last thing I want to do is come up with snappy 140 character comments. After I’m done taking pictures, photoshopping, writing content and queuing posts, I’d rather nap than tweet. Still, I see the utility in using Twitter to drive new eyes to my blog so I decided to treat it like my blog, and created a queue, which allows me to store and schedule tweets for delivery at a future time. Blogging can turn into a 24-hour job. You have to find a balance between work and life, and a queue helps you do just that. 


Now I set aside one hour every week and dedicate it to creating a well of tweets. A look at my calendar gives me great prompts like “Happy Memorial Day” or "Good Luck on Finals." Fun lists like #TenFavoritePinterestPosts are no-brainer posts but exciting for your followers to read while keeping your brand fresh in their minds. 
I use and really like the  Buffer app which syncs directly with my Twitter. The app even tells me how many people clicked through my tweet. You’ll save time and improve your content, it's a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...